Hello and Hi again,
Today I would like to talk about yogurt! Yes. It is good for your digestion because it has living bacteria (or the good bacteria) for you engine. Your tummy is your engine. =) It also contains Vitamin A which is good for healthy skin.
Some of us may say, "Eeeww, I hate milk so I hate yogurt" .. "I am lactose intolerate", "Consuming dairy products will clog my pores and aggravate acne"..
For my case, I love yogurt. But considering that dairies could caused acne which I need to avoid consuming them (yet to be proven). I get the goodness of yogurt through using it as a face mask. Believe it or not, it works for me!
Some reviews on www.makeupalley.com which is the most frequent site I go to find reviews on certain cosmetic products and even on natural remedies such as yogurt, honey, olive oil and etc. It is really helpful I tell you. Always and always do some brief research on what you put on your skin on this website. It would save your time and money and effort.
Ok, continue on yogurt. I started using it as a mask when I was undergoing my industrial training. On this post I stated I've used yogurt to help me with my severe sunburn. I use it almost every night for the first week and due to laziness, after that I do it when I find it necessary only. :P Which I totally stopped using them as my skin was kinda in good condition.
A. The immediate after effects of wearing this mask:
1) My skin will be very softt~ The not so smooth surface feel as if it is smoother
2) Less redness. The skin feel calmer, fyi, I have sensitive skin. So this is good for relaxing the skin.
3) It seems to slightly brighten up the skin. I think it's great for giving the skin a kind of glow. Meaning to help with dull skin.
And then, after coming back from a reunion/short vacation with my schoolmates, which of course exposed to the sun, sunblock that may caused tiny2 zits to appear on my forehead, cheeks, chin.. almost anywhere on my face. I freaked out I tell you..
But during that time, I could not get my hands on any yogurt. Susah sangat nak cari plain yogurt in Seksyen 27, Shah Alam! So after some research, I've used honey mask. Which will also have the review on its own soon. Then, I figured out, hey, I used to use yogurt to help with sun after effects! How could I forget about my HG mask. Silly me.
So now, I've started using the yogurt mask again to deal with some dont know come from where zits, to treat the leftovers of the small2 bumps on my forehead and to just calm my skin. Well, I find yogurt suits my skin better than honey mask. I have been using it for 3 days straight, but then I break out a lil which I'm not sure because of using olive oil as my make up remover (Will also get a post on its own, soon!) or due to too much exfoliation from yogurt. Now I have been using it alternate days.
B. Now, it helps a lot with:
1) Oiliness of my t-zone. Moisturize the skin
2) Calm all the red pimples and shrink it.
3) Less blackheads and whiteheads which causes acnes/pimples
So, what does make yogurt a very good deal for your skin?
1. Contains high amount of lactic acid that acts like alpha hydroxylic acid that is usually used for peeling to refine pores,as an exfoliant and stimulate collagen.. [Which relates to A1 and B3]
2. Its a less harsh exfoliants such as salicylic acid [Which does not irritates sensitive skin]
3. It has zinc that act as anti-inflammatory agent that deals with reducing acne/pimples, aid cell production which help with reducing size of acne, good astringent (tighten up skin), regulates oil production [Which relates to B1, B2]
4. Has calcium (as it is a derivative of milk), is an anti-oxidant, which prevent scaly or dryness. Facilitate skin renewal
5. Contains B-vitamins such as B2, B12 and B5. B2 is beneficial for glowing and hydrated skin. [happened in A3] It also helps with cell growth and acts as anti free radicals
Well, using any kind of things on your face, the results may vary depending on your skin. Some of my friends find it causing more pimples. Some find it really effective. For beauty seekers out there, give a yogurt mask a try. It may helps with some of your skin problems. Its cheap, effective and safe. So why wait.
Oh oh. By the way, I am using any brand of low fat plain/natural/original flavored yogurt. For dry skin, try to find full-fat yogurt to get more moisture, for combination skin or oily try to go with low fat yogurt. But some suggest best is to use Greek yogurt. because it contains more multibacterial organisms. Meaning more goodness in one use. If you are in Ipoh, Perak, in Mydin Meru, they do sell greek yogurt which I first found in Ipoh :P
Please, do google if you want more details. Plenty of information.
I've used the sites below as my references to my facts and information above.
Tata for now.